Thursday, September 18, 2014

Feature & Follow #10: I'm a Featured Blogger!!


Feature & Follow Featured Blogger button

Feature & Follow is hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read where each host will have their own Feature blog to show off more new blogs! 


I'm super excited to be the featured blogger this week on Parajunkee! Thank you so much!

When did you start blogging? 
I just started this July.

What is your favorite part of book blogging?
 

The blogging community! I've been receiving some very overwhelming support from other bloggers and readers. Everyone is just so welcoming and friendly!

What type of books do you mainly blog about? 
Young Adult and New Adult are my main interest so they're what I blog the most about.

What is your favorite book(s)? 
There are so many but I'm going to have to pick The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare because they were the books that introduced me to YA and got me back into reading. I used to read when I was younger but somehow I just stopped. Then I picked up City of Bones one day because I'd seen some recs online and I haven't stopped reading since!!

What has been the best thing that has happened to you because of book blogging?
 

Besides meeting other really awesome book bloggers I would say it's that I got to interact with authors!! They're like the celebrities in the book world so everytime I get a retweet, favour or a reply on Twitter from an author, I squeal and do a happy dance inside :D

This week's question:

Blogger pet peeves? Suggested by Take Me Away… 

I have so many I don't even know where to start haha. I will just name two so this post doesn't get super long ;)

1. Everything needs to match! For example, all my TTT and WoW posts need to be formatted the same way. If I see anything, no matter how minor, that doesn't match, I need to edit the post. Am I just being too picky?

2. If a book is part of a series, I need to specify which series and book number it is. I realize I only did it for one of my stacking the shelves posts and it's killing me not to go back and change the rest of my posts.

What are some of your blogger pet peeves and thanks for visiting!

40 comments:

  1. Congrats on being features, awesome!! Happy Friday and I still do happy dances whenever I get to talk to authors. I don't think that will ever go away. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was so excited!! I hope to do a lot more happy dances in the future :D

      Delete
  2. Hi feature blogger, I got you followed! Have a nice weekend..! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! You have a great weekend too :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats on being feature! :) I'm like you too, I really like it when everything matches and my memes always follow the same format. Happy Friday!

    New follower via GFC :)

    Here's my FF

    Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I'm not the only one haha! I followed you back ;)

      Delete
  4. Congrats on being featured! I started blogging during (late) July too! The blogging community is definitely my favorite part of blogging too. Happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naban! I love your discussion posts! They're so much fun to read hahaha ;)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on the feature! I also like it when everything matches :)
    I'm an old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the feature, new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on being a featured blogger! I'm totally with you of the same format for WoW, TTT and such posts. They just need to match!

    New follower via GFC.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Seems like matching is very important to a lot of bloggers!

      Delete
  8. You must be a super organizer, I am so unorganized. If each of my post went out the same I would be surprised..lol Old follower via bloglovin.

    Stormi

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm obsessed with being organized! I can't help it haha :)

      Delete
  9. Congrats on being the featured blogger! I'm the same with things needing to match and stay organized. I particularly hate it when colors clash!

    New follower!
    Here's My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I try to pick colours that are softer :)

      Delete
  10. Congratulations on being featured this week! If I feel like I could have done something better with my past posts, I not only feel the need to go back and change them all, but I actually do it. It usually takes forever and seriously frustrates me, but, I'm a perfectionist with an A type personality, so I just can't help it. Fortunately, I haven't been blogging long, so there aren't years worth of posts to change! Old bloglovin' follower. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe that sounds like me too! High five for being perfectionists :D

      Delete
  11. part of series can be annoying, especially when there is a cliffhanger. I hate that a lot.
    http://www.honesty-virtue.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally agree on the matching thing! It looks very neat. :)
    Congrats on being featured this week!:)
    New Follower via GFC!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on the feature this week, I'm a stickler for making sure series are labelled properly too xx

    Thea @ Gizzimomo's Book Shelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Thea :) I know right!! I NEED to have them all properly labeled too!

      Delete
  14. Congrats on Being featured! And, GREAT Answers!

    Just followed you via BlogLovin:)

    Aditi @ http://athousandwordsamillionbooks.blogspot.in/2014/09/feature-and-follow-friday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Following you back on Bloglovin :)

      Delete
  15. Congrats on your feature! YEAH! I also like when everything matches. I think so much of blogging is visual. The book blogging community is also my favorite thing about this. Everyone really is so nice!

    Happy FF! Old GFC follower, New Twitter follower.
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and yes I love staring at pretty blogs ;)

      Delete
  16. Haha! I like your peeves! My TTT and WoW posts are all formatted the same too. Congrats on being featured! Old follower :)

    Here's my F&F!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy! Formatting is a big thing for us bloggers ;)

      Delete
  17. Congrats on being featured :) I definitely read more now than ever before thanks to blogging.
    Following back.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm particular too about how the posts look and about putting the number of the book in the series.
    I should have put in my post about how I can't stand it when I can't get pictures to line up right.
    New Twitter follower.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with you on lining up the pictures! It drives me nuts if they don't line up properly. Following you back on Twitter ;)

      Delete
  19. Hey, I actually started my own blog this July as well! I'm glad we have that in common! Which date though? I did on the 14th on July. Also, oh yeah, I LOVE the community too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya it's pretty neat!! I think I started early July, around the 3rd maybe :)

      Delete
  20. Welcome to Blogging. I've been doing this for 4 years...the time went by so fast. I can be super picky about my formatting too. But I think it's a positive thing. It looks more professional when everything is nice and neat and it shows you care. New follower! I love your blog...it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Definitely agree with you on the more professional look and showing that you care :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...