Wednesday, September 10, 2014

WoW #10: Talon (Talon #1) by Julie Kagawa


Waiting on Wednesday button

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted every week by Breaking the Spine which lets us showcase an upcoming release we are excited about!

 
Talon cover
Talon (Talon #1)
by Julie Kagawa
October 28, 2014
400 pages


Goodreads Summary:
Long ago, dragons were hunted to near extinction by the Order of St. George, a legendary society of dragon slayers. Hiding in human form and growing their numbers in secret, the dragons of Talon have become strong and cunning, and they're positioned to take over the world with humans none the wiser.

Ember and Dante Hill are the only sister and brother known to dragonkind. Trained to infiltrate society, Ember wants to live the teen experience and enjoy a summer of freedom before taking her destined place in Talon. But destiny is a matter of perspective, and a rogue dragon will soon challenge everything Ember has been taught. As Ember struggles to accept her future, she and her brother are hunted by the Order of St. George.

Soldier Garret Xavier Sebastian has a mission to seek and destroy all dragons, and Talon's newest recruits in particular. But he cannot kill unless he is certain he has found his prey: and nothing is certain about Ember Hill. Faced with Ember's bravery, confidence and all-too-human desires, Garret begins to question everything that the Order has ingrained in him: and what he might be willing to give up to find the truth about dragons.


I have yet to read a book about dragons but I have a good feeling this is a great book to start with!

What are you guys waiting on this week?

30 comments:

  1. I definitely want to read this one as well! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Eileen,

    YES! I love Julie Kagawa, and Julie + Dragons can only be amazing. Waiting on this one, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this book a few months back and it really got my attention. I haven't read anything about dragons either but they are amazing! I also love the cover, even though it's so simple. Here is my post: http://littlegingerbookangel.blogspot.com/2014/09/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I cannot wait until it comes out!! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Eileen I have this waiting on my shelf can't wait to dig in. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOoh very nice! Managed an ARC of this and loved it! Now I am desperately waiting for the next book!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this one sounds so fun! I'm in love with this cover, great choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I freaking love Kagawa's books and I can't wait to check this one out. Great pick and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed her Iron Fey series too!! Hope this one's just as good!

      Delete
  8. I'm not too keen on dragons, but I LOVE Julie Kagawa so of course I will be reading this book. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so crazy excited for this book it's pretty unreal! Great pick this week! I can't wait to hear what you think of it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha no worries you aren't alone! I'd love to hear your thoughts too!!

      Delete
  10. I still haven't read a Julie Kagawa book. I don't know why not. This one sounds really interesting. I hope you enjoy reading it!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've read this and I think that if you haven't read a dragon book, it's a good one to start with. It's not incredibly dragon-y. I enjoyed it!
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good news! I look forward to your review :)

      Delete
  12. I am looking forward to this one as well. Such an awesome cover. I can't to see how it looks like in hardcover! *.*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's so pretty I want to touch it! Haha :)

      Delete
  13. Ahhh, I haven't read many dragon type ones, they're not my favourite, but it is Julie Kagawa, so... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not a huge fan of Dragon books, but... Julie Kagawa is THE BESTTT!!! Need I say more??? I actually have this ARC, and I started it once, but I put it down for another book. But I DO plan to pick it back up someday soon...

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll love it once you pick it back up!!!

      Delete
  15. One of my rules in life is 'If it has dragons, I will buy it' and I also hear great things about this author. Will DEFINITELY be picking this one up as soon as humanly possible

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes dragons! Really looking forward to reading this book :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...