Wednesday, September 17, 2014

WoW #11: In the Afterlight (The Darkest Minds #3) by Alexandra Bracken


Waiting on Wednesday button

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted every week by Breaking the Spine which lets us showcase an upcoming release we are excited about! 

 
In the Afterlight cover
In the Afterlight
(The Darkest Minds #3)
by Alexandra Bracken
October 28, 2014
496 pages


Goodreads Summary:
Ruby can't look back. Fractured by an unbearable loss, she and the kids who survived the government's attack on Los Angeles travel north to regroup. With them is a prisoner: Clancy Gray, son of the president, and one of the few people Ruby has encountered with abilities like hers. Only Ruby has any power over him, and just one slip could lead to Clancy wreaking havoc on their minds.

They are armed only with a volatile secret: proof of a government conspiracy to cover up the real cause of IANN, the disease that has killed most of America's children and left Ruby and others like her with powers the government will kill to keep contained. But internal strife may destroy their only chance to free the "rehabilitation camps" housing thousands of other Psi kids.

Meanwhile, reunited with Liam, the boy she would-and did-sacrifice everything for to keep alive, Ruby must face the painful repercussions of having tampered with his memories of her. She turns to Cole, his older brother, to provide the intense training she knows she will need to take down Gray and the government. But Cole has demons of his own, and one fatal mistake may be the spark that sets the world on fire.

I need this last book to be out so I can finally get this series and marathon the books!

What are you guys waiting on this week?

10 comments:

  1. I haven't read this series yet. I hope you'll enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! I still need to start this series but I have heard really good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was my pick a few weeks ago! I can't wait!! I want this book so badly it hurts!

    My WoW

    Isabel @ liberamans

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh nice! Haven't read this series either but hear good things!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been seeing this one around, but haven't read the series yet. It really sounds interesting though, I hope you enjoy it!
    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been waiting since the first book came out to read the series! I hope you give it a try too and thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...