Wednesday, September 3, 2014

WoW #9: Rites of Passage by Joy N. Hensley


Waiting on Wednesday button

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted every week by Breaking the Spine which lets us showcase an upcoming release we are excited about! 


Rites of Passage cover
Rites of Passage
by Joy N. Hensley
September 9, 2014
416 pages


Goodreads Summary:
Sam McKenna’s never turned down a dare. And she's not going to start with the last one her brother gave her before he died.

So Sam joins the first-ever class of girls at the prestigious Denmark Military Academy. She’s expecting push-ups and long runs, rope climbing and mud-crawling. As a military brat, she can handle an obstacle course just as well as the boys. She's even expecting the hostility she gets from some of the cadets who don’t think girls belong there. What she’s not expecting is her fiery attraction to her drill sergeant. But dating is strictly forbidden and Sam won't risk her future, or the dare, on something so petty...no matter how much she wants him.

As Sam struggles to prove herself, she discovers that some of the boys don’t just want her gone—they will stop at nothing to drive her out. When their petty threats turn to brutal hazing, bleeding into every corner of her life, she realizes they are not acting alone. A decades-old secret society is alive and active… and determined to force her out.
At any cost.

Now time's running short. Sam must decide who she can trust...and choosing the wrong person could have deadly consequences.


I've heard great things about this book and it sounds like a very inspiring read so I can't wait!

What are you guys waiting on this week?

27 comments:

  1. I'd seen Rites of Passage on GoodReads a couple of time, but this is the first time I've fully read the blurb. I don't know why I skipped over it, it sounds so good! Just added it to my TBR, hope we both love it =)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard of this one but it does sound amazing!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to read this one too. It seems really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Seeing this one around a bit today! Hope you enjoy it too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this one a few weeks ago, and it's just SOO GOOD!!! I actually have my review scheduled for tomorrow! Sam is such an amazing character, you can just simply not not like her. I hope you enjoy this one as much as I did Eileen! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely be checking out your review then!! Thanks Anatea :)

      Delete
  6. I bet you love this one, it really is a fabulous read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds kind of intense but so good. I'll definitely have to look out for this one. Great pick and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Been seeing GLOWING reviews of this one recently! Not my type of read, but when you keep seeing super positive ratings and reviews... well, it has caught my attention. I hope you enjoy it when you read it!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fabulous day :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's definitely gotten me all pumped up to read it! Thanks for stopping by too :)

      Delete
  9. Great WOW choice, mine just came in woot! Valley of Fires by J Barton Mitchell :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVED THIS BOOK SO MUCH EILEEN!!!!! One of my favorites of the year to be sure. I just wanted to reach in and hug Sam the entire time. I can't wait for your full review, I so hope you love it as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I can't wait to hear what you think of this one! It's nearly release day too! Love how it's set in a military school! Kind of reminds me of Cadet Kelly LOL (yes, THAT Disney movie)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think the setting's so unique!! Hahaha we all have our Disney moments!

      Delete
  12. I know a few bloggers that already read it and sing its praises. I can't wait for it either! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the excitement! Thank you for coming by too!

      Delete
  13. I'm really looking forward to this one, even though it sounds super sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm nervous to read it but I really want to haha :)

      Delete
  14. I've seen so much positive buzz for this one! Can't wait to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's out today so that's extra exciting!! Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...