Monday, October 6, 2014

Review: The Assassin's Curse (The Assassin's Curse #1) by Cassandra Rose Clarke

I really love this fantasy duology so I want to share my reviews on them! Also, the publishing company was discontinued so if you're interested in this book, make sure you get it fast!


The Assassin's Curse cover
The Assassin's Curse
(The Assassin's Curse #1)
by Cassandra Rose Clarke
October 2, 2012
298 pages


Goodreads Summary:
Ananna of the Tanarau abandons ship when her parents try to marry her off to another pirate clan. But that only prompts the scorned clan to send an assassin after her. When Ananna faces him down one night, armed with magic she doesn't really know how to use, she accidentally activates a curse binding them together.

To break the spell, Ananna and the assassin must complete three impossible tasks--all while grappling with evil wizards, floating islands, haughty manticores, runaway nobility, strange magic...and the growing romantic tension between them.


Review

I had so much fun reading this book. I admit I have a tough time getting into the story at first because of the writing style but slowly, I dove deeper and deeper. I never thought reading about pirates could be so much fun but wow was it a thrilling ride!

Naji's ability to travel in the shadows was awesome. So convenient too! As a blood magician, I thought he was suppose to be really powerful but I noticed he seemed to exhaust his magic a lot. If it wasn't for Ananna, he would've died countless times already. She's sassy and bold and can clearly hold her own! I love love love a character like her!

Although nothing really romantic developed, you can tell they cared for each other. Ananna undeniably began showing her feelings early on whereas Naji, with his blank and stony expressions, was harder to decipher. It was extremely tortuous to see from Ananna's eyes the way Naji looked at Leila. Leila may be beautiful but Ananna definitely has the true heart. I definitely think Naji's aware of this but he's just too stubborn to acknowledge it.

Wow, by the end of the book, Naji knew how to break the curse and Ananna realized she's in love with Naji. It will be interesting to see how the story will progress from there on. I definitely wish they'd kissed already! I'm so glad I don't have to wait for the next book. I'm super excited to go on the adventure of completing three impossible tasks to break one impossible curse!


4 Cats

10 comments:

  1. Wow Eileen great review. Now I want to read it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's what I want to hear!! I'm so glad and hope you will!!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed this one. Like you, I had a rough go at it at first. And unfortunately, I didn't have your patience. I re-shelved my copy for future read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww I hope you'll enjoy it better in the future :)

      Delete
  3. So glad you loved this and it didn't take you too long to warm up to it. There have been a ton of really great reviews for this so I am excited to start it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh! This definitely sounds like my type of read. 4.5 stars? That's awesome potential we've got here, haha. I need a good wizard read! ^_^ Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly it would have been 5 stars if I didn't need a little time to get into the story. I hope you'll enjoy it!!

      Delete
  5. This was difficult for me to get into as well, but I ended up really liking these books! Hope you enjoy book two just as much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear!!! I loved book 2 too! In fact, my review will be up soon ;)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...