Thursday, October 9, 2014

Review: The Pirate's Wish (The Assassin's Curse #2) by Cassandra Rose Clarke

I decided to post this review with spoilers because it was really hard to talk about a sequel without any :S

*Review contains spoilers and spoilers from the previous book in the duology.

The Pirate's Wish cover
The Pirate's Wish
(The Assassin's Curse #2)
by Cassandra Rose Clarke
June 18, 2013
330 pages


Goodreads Summary:
After setting out to break the curse that binds them together, the pirate Ananna and the assassin Naji find themselves stranded on an enchanted island in the north with nothing but a sword, their wits, and the secret to breaking the curse: complete three impossible tasks. With the help of their friend Marjani and a rather unusual ally, Ananna and Naji make their way south again, seeking what seems to be beyond their reach.

Unfortunately, Naji has enemies from the shadowy world known as the Mists, and Ananna must still face the repercussions of going up against the Pirate Confederation. Together, Naji and Ananna must break the curse, escape their enemies — and come to terms with their growing romantic attraction.


Review

I adored this book! Loaded with actions and surprises, it was so much fun!! Cassandra Rose Clarke did not disappoint and delivered a wonderfully-crafted adventure back into the pirate world.
 
From the epic battle with the Hariri clan, to the reunion with her parents, to the introduction of the Court of the Waves and to the fight with the Mist Lord, every part of this book was breath-taking and mind-blowing!
 
At last, the brewing romance explodes in this book! We see how much Ananna cares for Naji when she offers her blood to him without fully understanding the consequences. Even though he didn't physically return her love at first, I could tell he was struggling internally. I love that he finally gave in to his feelings when she saved his life! From then on, I savoured every moment between Ananna and Naji.
 
Marjani is a great character. She's so loyal and sincere! Eirnin's death was a bit sudden but after finding out about his wicked ways, I'm glad he's gone. The unlikely friendship Ananna formed with the manticore was cute. Although the manticore seemed to lack any feelings, except hunger, it was comforting to see her by Ananna's side.
 
I have mixed feelings regarding the ending. Even though Ananna and Naji are connected by the blood magic and can communicate with each other in their heads, I can't help but feel a little bit of sadness. Though Naji's shadow travel sure makes one hell of a convenient transportation tool. They can be physically together in the blink of an eye :)
 
I feel like a duology is too short! I'd love to learn more about the Order and the other assassins! Can I get a book 3 (in Naji's POV maybe)? Or a spin-off? I would absolutely fight anyone and everyone for it!!

5 Cats

4 comments:

  1. I have heard so many great things about this series, I really need to read it. Glad you loved this so much. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Make sure you get it before it runs out!

      Delete
  2. I had a hard time getting into The Assasin's Curse. Perhaps it's because it's not a genre I typically like. I'm glad you've enjoyed both books so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope if you give it another try, you'll enjoy it more :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...