Monday, October 19, 2015

S.F.D. Mission: Open Letter to Kelly Zekas and Tarun Shanker of These Vicious Masks!


S.F.D. Open Letter to Kelly Zekas and Tarun Shanker banner
 
Hello everyone! Today I'm excited to go on our second S.F.D. mission! If you missed my post yesterday introducing Sassy's Fangirl Debuts, click here to learn all about it! This mission is to write an open letter to a debut author. So today, I am thrilled to share my letter to Kelly Zekas and Tarun Shanker! But first, here's some information on their awesome book, These Vicious Mask~


These Vicious Masks These Vicious Masks
by Tarun Shanker and Kelly Zekas
February 9, 2016
352 pages


Goodreads Summary:
Jane Austen meets X-­Men in this gripping and adventure-­filled paranormal romance set in Victorian London.

England, 1882. Evelyn is bored with society and its expectations. So when her beloved sister, Rose, mysteriously vanishes, she ignores her parents and travels to London to find her, accompanied by the dashing Mr. Kent. But they’re not the only ones looking for Rose. The reclusive, young gentleman Sebastian Braddock is also searching for her, claiming that both sisters have special healing powers. Evelyn is convinced that Sebastian must be mad, until she discovers that his strange tales of extraordinary people are true—and that her sister is in graver danger than she feared.

Now read on for my slightly-crazed (I couldn't help it) fan letter to these two amazing authors!

 
Dear Ms. Zekas and Mr. Shanker,
I'm in love with your book! Okay, sorry for the outburst. *clears throat* What I mean is I love the sound of your book. When I first read the synopsis, I fangirled hard (by myself but nobody has to know that). These Vicious Masks has everything I look for in a book. It's basically a dream story come true for me!
Thank youuuuu for writing this book! I trust I speak for all us excited readers out there when I say, WE CAN'T WAIT! I mean Jane Austen meets X-Men? How cool is that?!?!? (Very cool!)
It's set in a historical period I absolutely love! It's about two sisters! I have two sisters (a twin sister) so I'm always excited to find books about siblings. Knowing that the story follows Evelyn going after her missing sister just makes me SO happy! And they have healing powers?! Say whatttt? I can't wait to find out why and how they're special. I'm also more than ready to swoon over the 'dashing Mr. Kent' and the 'reclusive young gentleman Sebastian' XP Although I am a teensy tiny bit wary that there might be a love triangle. Hopefully not though, right? Two sisters and two guys = two romance, that's my formula. *wishes very hard for it* But either way, These Vicious Masks is a romance story I need in my life! I say, "HELL YA, give it to me NOW......please?"!
Now can we just take a minute to admire that cover? I love the regal and mysterious feel to it. That mask looks elegant and sophisticated while the colour black gives it a menacing tone. The frame, the typography and the placement of the words and images are just perfection! Not to mention that 3D-ness! The whole cover just pops up at you. Would the finished copy have that feel to it?
Soooo I probably don't have to tell you how painful it is to wait for February 2016.... February 9th 2016 to be exact. When this date rolls around, I will definitely be hugging and cuddling your book like I'm snuggling with Ripple (my orange tabby cat who is my world). Ripple will model the book and I'd love to share the photo with you on Twitter if you'd like to see! Anyways, I'm getting off track here but basically, WE CAN'T WAIT TO READ THESE VICIOUS MASKS!
Your Fangirl,      
Eileen @ BookCatPin      

P.S. I'm sorry about all the exclamations and capitals. I hope I didn't scare you both! I promise I'm usually not this insane! Only when I'm super excited which I am for These Vicious Masks!

So what do you guys think? Would you be interested in reading These Vicious Mask? Are you excited for any of the things that I'm excited for? Let me know your thoughts and don't forget to check out the other agents' letters! :D

Stefani @ Caught Read H&nded
Deanna @ Booksablog
Claudia @ PenMarkings
Kaitlin @ Next Page Please!
Jasmine @ Jasmine Pearl Reads
Lauren  @ Live, Love, Read
 

16 comments:

  1. OMG. I saw a giveaway for this book on Twitter the other day, and I was in awe of that cover! It's gorgeous!

    I also love finding books about sisters. I only have one sister, but I always wished that there was just one more sister in the mix. lol

    Lovely letter, Eileen. And your flailing is totally fine by me. It shows how excited you are for These Vicious Masks. lol

    I hope you enjoy the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seriously got my fingers crossed for that giveaway LOL. Does your sister read? Cuz that would be super awesome! Thanks for bearing through my fangirling haha <3

      Delete
  2. This book is new to me, but I can't wait to read it! I sounds so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely interested in this book like you, Eileen! I only have an older brother to handle, but I absolutely adore sibling dynamics in books. Also, anything with "Pride and Prejudice" in the tag instantly makes me a goner. Great letter, and your enthusiasm is literally on point. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Aila <3 You're so sweet~ I hope we both love this one :D

      Delete
  4. Omg Eileen I loved your sincere fangirling! Lol. I'm really excited for this one too it sounds amazing! Just chills!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thanks so much Bex! I was afraid I'd scare people off XP

      Delete
  5. I love your enthusiasm! You are so excited and it shows!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fangirling is totally okay (at least with me, LOL)! Your excitement got me excited! And YAS to Jane Austen meets X-Men. This is GENIUS. ♥♥♥♥♥ Now excuse me while I go add this awesome book to Goodreads. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We make great life choices Melissa ;) I always love your enthusiasm too! <3 <3

      Delete
  7. YAAAS. Victorian England is my jam! I don't usually read paranormal but this sounds pretty cool. That's pretty cool that you have a twin... ;) At least February is closer than other debuts!

    Jess @ Princessica of Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol ya I saw some of those debuts are June ones and I was just like 'omg I can't wait that long' hahaha! Hurray for the Victorian England era ;)

      Delete
  8. I hadn't heard about these authors before, but they seem quite promising. The Fangirl Debuts are a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll read this one Rosa! And it's been really fun squealing with the girls~

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...