Wednesday, December 2, 2015

WoW #74: Sword and Verse by Kathy MacMillan

 
Waiting on Wednesday button

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted every week by Breaking the Spine which lets us showcase an upcoming release we are excited about!
 

Sword and Verse by Kathy MacMillan
Sword and Verse
by Kathy MacMillan
January 19, 2015
384 pages

Goodreads Summary:
Raisa was just a child when she was sold to work as a slave in the kingdom of Qilara. Despite her young age, her father was teaching her to read and write, grooming her to take his place as a Learned One. In Qilara, the Arnathim, like Raisa, are the lowest class, and literacy is a capital offense. What’s more, only the king, prince, tutor, and tutor-in-training are allowed to learn the very highest order language, the language of the gods. So when the tutor-in-training is executed for teaching slaves this sacred language, and Raisa is selected to replace her, Raisa knows any slipup on her part could mean death.

Keeping her secret is hard enough, but the romance that’s been growing between her and Prince Mati isn’t helping matters. Then Raisa is approached by the Resistance—an underground army of slave rebels—to help liberate Arnath slaves. She wants to free her people, but that would mean aiding a war against Mati. As Raisa struggles with what to do, she discovers a secret that the Qilarites have been hiding for centuries—one that, if uncovered, could bring the kingdom to its knees.
 
A standalone fantasy! How rare is that? (Very!) Alyssa @ The Eater of Books! praises it (click on her blog and she'll convince you ;D) so I'm looking forward to it!

What are you guys waiting on this week?

16 comments:

  1. I know this is one that many people are waiting on! It's sounds really good....

    Kate @ Ex Libris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good fantasy so I'm super excited :D

      Delete
  2. Love that cover, this looks good Eileen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh nice! Seeing a lot of this one! This one might be one I wait for reviews for before making a decision! I get curious when I see a book around a LOT! But I can't commit to it yet until I get an idea of what peeps are saying! LOL!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you! Alyssa @ The Eater of Books! has already reviewed it I believe. You should check it out :D

      Delete
  4. Ooooh, a fantasy story about reading and the beauty of language. I honestly can't think of anything better! :D I'm excited for this one, too, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, Alyssa's review totally convinced me to preorder this one!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. GAAAAHHHHH SDJFITHRKJDHFKJDFHGKJFDHGKJDFGHKJFGHKJDFG EILEEN!!!!!!!!! YOU NEED THIS BOOK!!!!!!! Not too long now! I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it. :D

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alyssa <3 <3 You've definitely got me (and Pili) convinced ;)

      Delete
  7. I luckily have a copy of this book waiting to read asap, and am planning o doing just that as soon as I finish my current read! I've seen a ton of glowing reviews, and hopefully I'll enjoy it as much as they all did :)

    Sophie @ Sophie Reads YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh you lucky duck! I hope you'll love it Sophie!

      Delete
  8. I was lucky enough to get an ARC of this one as well. I didn't like the first bit so much, but I really should keep reading since so many people are liking it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You lucky duck! I hope you keep going and I'll be waiting to read your review ;)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...