Wednesday, December 16, 2015

WoW #76: Assassin's Heart by Sarah Ahiers

 
Waiting on Wednesday button

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted every week by Breaking the Spine which lets us showcase an upcoming release we are excited about! 


Assassin's Heart by Sarah AhiersAssassin's Heart
by Sarah Ahiers
February 2, 2015
400 pages
 
Goodreads Summary:
In the kingdom of Lovero, nine rival Families of assassins lawfully kill people for a price. As a highly skilled member of one of these powerful clans, seventeen-year-old Lea Saldana has always trusted in the strength of her Family. Until she awakens to find them murdered and her home in flames. The Da Vias, the Saldanas’ biggest enemy, must be responsible—and Lea should have seen it coming. But her secret relationship with the Da Vias’ son, Val, has clouded her otherwise killer instinct—and given the Da Vias more reason than ever to take her Family down.

Racked with guilt and shattered over Val’s probable betrayal, Lea sets out to even the score, with her heart set on retaliation and only one thought clear in her mind: make the Da Vias pay.

With shades of The Godfather and Romeo and Juliet, this richly imagined fantasy from debut author Sarah Ahiers is a story of love, lies, and the ultimate vengeance.
 
The romance and revenge aspects have me really pumped for this one!

What are you guys waiting on this week?

15 comments:

  1. this one sounds great! I'm looking forward to it as well. My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice. I'm really excited about this one as well. Sounds like an interesting fantasy plus I like the "The Godfather meets Romeo & Juliet" concept.
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super interesting! Looking forward to see how that concept plays out ;)

      Delete
  3. Ooh nice! I am curious about this one as well! But might in the wait for reviews stages before making a final decision! LOL! Hope you love it! Will definitely look for your review to help my decision! ;)

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alyssa at The Eater of Books! (link below) has already read and reviewed it! Her review gave me a better perspective of the book :)

      Delete
  4. This is a debut, right? I'm not sure if I have it in my challenge list or not, but it should be there for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Errr. Don't get your hopes too high in terms of the romance. It is definitely NOT as Romeo-and-Juliet-y as you think. But overall, I thought this was a good debut. I hope you enjoy it, Eileen!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I scheduled this post way early lol. Your review definitely helped me prepare myself. Thanks Alyssa <3

      Delete
  6. I'm hoping fantasy YA doesn't go mainstream and start focusing too much on the romance but I'm hoping this will be something as good as Grave Mercy and the rest of that trilogy. I am very pumped for the revenge plot too!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh yes I love Grave Mercy! That whole series is <3 <3 <3. I hope you'll enjoy this one too ;)

      Delete
  7. This sounds really amazing, and I hope to be able to read it soon! Assassin's is a trope I love, and can't wait to read more assassin-y books :)

    Sophie @ Sophie Reads YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, I love a good assassin story. Almost guarantees there will be lots of action and I love those! I hope you'll love it too Sophie!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...