Wednesday, December 30, 2015

WoW #78: The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl from Everywhere #1) by Heidi Heilig

 
Waiting on Wednesday button

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted every week by Breaking the Spine which lets us showcase an upcoming release we are excited about! 


The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi HeiligThe Girl from Everywhere
(The Girl from Everywhere #1)
by Heidi Heilig
February 16, 2015
464 pages
 
Goodreads Summary:
Heidi Heilig’s debut teen fantasy sweeps from modern-day New York City to nineteenth-century Hawaii to places of myth and legend. Sixteen-year-old Nix has sailed across the globe and through centuries aboard her time-traveling father’s ship. But when he gambles with her very existence, it all may be about to end. The Girl from Everywhere, the first of two books, will dazzle readers of Sabaa Tahir, Rae Carson, and Rachel Hartman.

Nix’s life began in Honolulu in 1868. Since then she has traveled to mythic Scandinavia, a land from the tales of One Thousand and One Nights, modern-day New York City, and many more places both real and imagined. As long as he has a map, Nix’s father can sail his ship, The Temptation, to any place, any time. But now he’s uncovered the one map he’s always sought—1868 Honolulu, before Nix’s mother died in childbirth. Nix’s life—her entire existence—is at stake. No one knows what will happen if her father changes the past. It could erase Nix’s future, her dreams, her adventures . . . her connection with the charming Persian thief, Kash, who’s been part of their crew for two years. If Nix helps her father reunite with the love of his life, it will cost her her own.

In The Girl from Everywhere, Heidi Heilig blends fantasy, history, and a modern sensibility with witty, fast-paced dialogue, breathless adventure, and enchanting romance.
 
Did you read that summary? The promise of adventure, romance and mystery has me hooked. Bonus that Heidi is super sweet! Everyone go follow her on Twitter!

What are you guys waiting on this week?

14 comments:

  1. This sounds really exciting, thanks for introducing me to it :) happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very happy to! Let me know if you want more book recs or just want to chat :D

      Delete
  2. I have it preordered and I'm so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! I've seen this one around a lot and I am so excited to read it! Great pick

    my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing a lot of this one lately! So many ship in a bottle covers coming out this year too! LOL!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol you're right! Off the top of my head I can think of Passenger and Blackhearts with the ship theme XP

      Delete
  5. This is on my TBR already, it sounds so good! Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Heidi! Unfortunately I hated this book. I hope you enjoy it more than I did, Eileen! :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I saw your review! I'm definitely curious to see what I think now ;)

      Delete
  7. Ohh I hope you'll enjoy this, Eileen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...