Wednesday, April 13, 2016

WoW #92: The King Slayer (The Witch Hunter #1) by Virginia Boecker


Waiting on Wednesday button

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted every week by Breaking the Spine which lets us showcase an upcoming release we are excited about! 


The King Slayer by Virginia BoeckerThe King Slayer
(The Witch Hunter #1)
by Virginia Boecker
June 14, 2016
368 pages

Goodreads Summary:
Magic, suspense, and political intrigue collide in this sequel to The Witch Hunter, perfect for fans of Graceling and the Grisha Trilogy.

Former witch hunter Elizabeth Grey is hiding within the magically protected village of Harrow, evading the price put on her head by Lord Blackwell, the usurper king of Anglia. Their last encounter left Blackwell ruined, but his thirst for power grows stronger every day. He's readying for a war against those who would resist his rule--namely Elizabeth and the witches, wizards, pirates, and healers she now calls her friends.

Having lost her stigma, a magical source of protection and healing, Elizabeth's strength is tested both physically and emotionally. War always means sacrifice, and as the lines between good and evil blur once more, Elizabeth must decide just how far she'll go to save those she loves.

In this sequel to The Witch Hunter, Virginia Boecker delivers a powerful story full of action, suspense, camaraderie, and romance.

 
The Witch Hunter was one of my favourite books from last year so yessss I'm dying to read this one!

What are you guys waiting on this week?

13 comments:

  1. That cover is super captivating and the story sounds interesting!

    great pick!
    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the sequel to The Witch Hunter! I hope you pick up the books :)

      Delete
  2. Yes! Cannot wait for this one!!!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I plan on reading the first one soon but I'm definitely excited to start and I love that cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I cannot wait to hear what you think :D

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed the first book of this series. I need this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book is new to me! Thanks for sharing!
    (New Bloglovin Follower)


    Have a wonderful week! Dani @ Paulette’s Papers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I hope you give it a try :)

      Delete
  6. Sounds interesting! I still need to try out the first one. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Magic, suspense, and political intrigue? What a great mix! This seems like a thrilling read and I love the cover too. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. woah taht cover looks awesome, thanks for posting!
    (new bloglovin follower)
    check out my WoW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...