Wednesday, May 18, 2016

WoW #97: Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake


Waiting on Wednesday button

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted every week by Breaking the Spine which lets us showcase an upcoming release we are excited about!
 
 
Three Dark Crowns by Kendare BlakeThree Dark Crowns
(Three Dark Crowns #1)
by Kendare Blake
September 20, 2016
416 pages

Goodreads Summary:
Fans of acclaimed author Kendare Blake’s Anna Dressed in Blood will devour her latest novel, a dark and inventive fantasy about three sisters who must fight to the death to become queen.

In every generation on the island of Fennbirn, a set of triplets is born: three queens, all equal heirs to the crown and each possessor of a coveted magic. Mirabella is a fierce elemental, able to spark hungry flames or vicious storms at the snap of her fingers. Katharine is a poisoner, one who can ingest the deadliest poisons without so much as a stomachache. Arsinoe, a naturalist, is said to have the ability to bloom the reddest rose and control the fiercest of lions.

But becoming the Queen Crowned isn’t solely a matter of royal birth. Each sister has to fight for it. And it’s not just a game of win or lose...it’s life or death. The night the sisters turn sixteen, the battle begins.

The last queen standing gets the crown.

 
I loooooove her Anna Dressed in Blood duology so I'm excited to read more by her :D

What are you guys waiting on this week?

32 comments:

  1. Great pick! I can't wait to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely one that I am super excited about as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah! I am so excited for this one! I won an ARC during Brittany's twitter chat so I am SUPER EXCITED to get to it! Great choice for this week, Eileen!

    Jamie @ Books and Ladders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome Jamie, congrats! You'll have to let me know how much you love it ;)

      Delete
  4. I loved Anna Dressed in Blood as well so I'm very excited to read this one! Got it off Edelweiss not too long ago so yay! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds soooomewhat similar to The Crown's Game, which I am reading right now (!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be starting The Crown's Game tonight!! I hope you're enjoying it so far?

      Delete
  6. I can't wait for this one as well. I love Ms. Blake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing pick! This book is fantastic, and I already can't wait for the sequel. I hope you love it as well! ^_^

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Brittany! But it's going to be an even longer wait for the sequel lol....

      Delete
  8. I actually haven't read any of her books yet, though I do have an ebook of Anna Dressed in Blood. I am really excited for this book too. It sounds so interesting and I like the cover. Great pick, Eileen! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try Anna first! It's dark but oh so good!

      Delete
  9. I can't wait to read this one too! I still need to finish her previous series but still excited for the new stuff too!!


    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have this one on my tablet from Edelweiss!! Can't wait to start it. Great pick :D Also, Girl Against the Universe was good. Hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been coming across this one a lot lately. Hope you enjoy it!

    Renee My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm not surprised, it has an excellent premise and I know early readers have been loving it :)

      Delete
  12. I adore Kendare and I'm totally dying to start this one!! I'm so chuffed I got an ARC at BEA!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOOT! Go Pili! Fingers crossed you'll love it~ I'll be waiting to hear what you think :D

      Delete
  13. Awesome pick I am also anticipating for this one as well. I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance. Here is my WOW for this week.

    http://katibookaholicrambligreview.blogspot.com/2016/05/waiting-on-wednesday-37-holding-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just read a DNF review for this so now I'm nervous. I hope you get this one and feel the total opposite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww no! I haven't seen a lot of reviews but the ones I've seen are quite positive. Thanks Jazmen, fingers crossed!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...