Wednesday, April 26, 2017

WoW #146: Song of the Current by Sarah Tolcser


Waiting on Wednesday button

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted every week by Breaking the Spine which lets us showcase an upcoming release we are excited about! 


Song of the Current by Sarah TolcserSong of the Current
by Sarah Tolcser
June 6, 2017
384 pages

Goodreads Summary:
Caroline Oresteia has always been destined for the river. Her father is a wherryman, as was her grandmother. All Caro needs is for the river god to whisper her name, and her fate is sealed. But at seventeen, Caro may be too late.

So when pirates burn ships and her father is arrested, Caro volunteers to transport a dangerous cargo in exchange for his release. Secretly, Caro hopes that by piloting her own wherry, the river god will finally speak her name.

But when the cargo becomes more than Caro expected, she finds herself caught in a web of politics and lies. With much more than her father’s life at stake, Caro must choose between the future she knows, and the one she never could have imagined.

This immersive fantasy debut set along the waterways of a magical world will entrance fans of Sabaa Tahir and Victoria Aveyard. Sarah Tolcser weaves an epic story of danger and destiny with enchanting world-building and captivating characters.

 
If you read that synopsis you know why I want to read it ;)

What are you guys waiting on this week?

8 comments:

  1. I'm definitely curious about this one! Hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this book's cover! I have a very distant interest in this one - it sounds like something I might enjoy, but I'm not dying for it. Maybe when the series is completed. ;) I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a lovely week, Eileen. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the UK one looks better ;) Thanks Alyssa!

      Delete
  3. I'm intrigued. This sounds like a good one. Love the cover too. Thanks for sharing :)

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I hope you pick it up and enjoy it :D

      Delete
  4. I really enjoyed this book, and the cover is sooo stunning! I hope you love it too when you read it :) Awesome WoW pick, Eileen :D

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...