Monday, April 13, 2020

Quick Review: P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before #2) by Jenny Han


P.S. I Still Love You
(To All the Boys I've Loved Before #2)
by Jenny Han
May 26, 2015
337 pages


Goodreads Summary:
Lara Jean didn’t expect to really fall for Peter.

She and Peter were just pretending. Except suddenly they weren’t. Now Lara Jean is more confused than ever.

When another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean’s feelings for him return too. Can a girl be in love with two boys at once?

In this charming and heartfelt sequel to the New York Times bestseller To All the Boys I've Loved Before, we see first love through the eyes of the unforgettable Lara Jean. Love is never easy, but maybe that’s part of what makes it so amazing.


Review

After reading To All the Boys I've Loved Before years ago, I'm proud to be able to say I read the sequel! Like its predecessor, P.S. I Still Love You is a quick read. While I didn't love the romantic entanglements, I fully expected the heartaches and sweetness.

What I Liked:
- Lara Jean and her unique fashion
- LJ doing some self-discovering
- Peter and his boyish charm though he could really be blind sometimes
- Kitty and how sharp she always is
- the sister love is THE best
- of course the food! especially LJ's pastries

The Not So Much:
- the story felt too young for me
- Stormy's got her flairs but I wasn't a fan
- John Ambrose McClaren - he's a nice boy and all but Team Peter all the way
- Gen was very annoying and I just wanted her out of the picture
- the sort of open ending didn't feel very satisfying

The ending of P.S. I Still Love You left a lot of possibilities so I can see why Jenny Han decided to write a third and final book. While I'm not too thrilled for more drama, I love Lara Jean and do want to see her story to the end.

3.5 Cats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...