Monday, January 4, 2021

Quick Review: Trick (Foolish Kingdoms #1) by Natalia Jaster

 

Trick (Foolish Kingdoms #1) by Natalia Jaster

Trick
(Foolish Kingdoms #1)
by Natalia Jaster
September 23, 2018

Goodreads Summary:
There is a rule amongst his kind: A jester doesn’t lie.

In the Kingdom of Spring, Poet is renowned. He’s young and pretty, a lover of men and women. He performs for the court, kisses like a scoundrel, and mocks with a silver tongue.

Yet allow him this: It’s only the most cunning, most manipulative soul who can play the fool.

For Poet guards a secret.

One the Crown would shackle him for. One that he’ll risk everything to protect.

Alas, it will take more than clever words to deceive Princess Briar.

Convinced that he’s juggling lies as well as verse, this righteous nuisance of a girl is determined to expose him.

But not all falsehoods are fiendish. Poet’s secret is delicate, binding the jester to the princess in an unlikely alliance—and kindling a breathless attraction, as alluring as it is forbidden.

*Mature young adult/new adult: sexual content and language. For readers 17 and older.*


Review

Wow Trick really wowed me! It packed such an emotional punch. The story was so much more meaningful than I could've imagined. I ached for the characters and all that they went through in the past and present.

What I Liked:
- the world-building was excellent, each Season sounded different and distinct
- beautiful writing that I sometimes got lost in (literally)
- family was everything
- courageous Briar
- Trick stole my heart- he was the whole package
- Briar and Poet together was at times tender but also supernova HOT
- the bit of Silly Seven's storyline was surprisingly enjoyable 
- the tricky but legit resolution

The Not So Much:
- definitely the Summer King
- only that I need more Briar and Poet!

"Sometimes the simplest words had the sharpest teeth." (p. 204).

2 comments:

  1. This is a new book for me. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joy, Happy New Year! I hope you're doing well. This is an indie series that a friend recommended me. I really enjoyed this first book :D

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...