*I received an advance digital copy of this book from HTP Books in exchange for an honest review.
(Weatherstone College #2)
by Jaymin Eve
June 23, 2026
Goodreads Summary:
Night Witch is the sequel to the instant New York Times bestseller Spellcaster with an intense enemies-to-lovers arc, a steamy heat level, magical creatures, super high stakes, and an epic family saga.
Be careful what you witch for.
Welcome to year two at Weatherstone College…
Last year, after coming face to face with darkness and lethal monsters, Logan Kingston, my sworn enemy and sometimes ally, brought my first year to an explosive ending. There’s a bond between us that I can’t explain, but I just know he’s hiding something. Maybe I don’t fully trust any spellcaster, but there’s no denying my draw to him.
I’m not going to lie, I haven’t felt myself since then, and I’m dreading returning to Weatherstone.
Review
After that bombshell of a cliffhanger ending in Spellcaster, I very much needed Night Witch. The relationships did not disappoint in this fast-paced sequel and that big confrontation was electrifying! I wish it lasted longer!
I appreciate how Paisley and Logan’s connection was explained in Night Witch. A lot of things between them started to make sense but Paisley's cautious nature made her hold back at first. However, once she realized how fully committed to her he was, their relationship heated up quickly. As much as Paisley and Logan deserved to be together, I couldn’t help but feel a sliver of irritation at how many times they called each other their mate. The two of them being on the same page was satisfying but the repetition made it cheesy at times.
Family was everything so despite some tension in the beginning of Night Witch, it was heartwarming to see the Hallistars band together to save their youngest. And of course, the story wouldn’t be complete without some awesome friends. Both Paisley and Logan’s besties were soothing presences with their unwavering support. I especially adored Sara’s no filter mouth and Haley’s bookish vibes. The pairing up felt a little convenient but I enjoyed them nonetheless.
Despite some minor complaints, Night Witch was a fulfilling conclusion. The Weatherstone College duology was magical in all kinds of ways ;)
*I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own and not affected in any way. Any quotes included in my review were taken from the copy I received.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!