Tuesday, September 30, 2014

TTT #12: Books that were Hard for Me to Read


Top Ten Tuesday button

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish where people share their top ten things according to the topic of that week.
 
 
These books dealt with more mature topics and had some very emotional parts.
 
Making FacesSomething Like Normal
Left DrowningDreamland
 
Making Faces by Amy Harmon
Something Like Normal by Trish Doller
Left Drowning by Jessica Park
Dreamland by Sarah Dessen
 
Back when I started reading, I was just browsing for things to read and found this series. It gave me some major headaches. Every character was so frustrating! I felt like the story could've been way shorter too because it definitely dragged on. I did manage to finish the whole series but only because I really don't like to DNF.
 
EvermoreBlue MoonShadowland
Dark FlameNight StarEverlasting
 
The Immortals series by Alyson Noel
 
What books were hard for you to read?

12 comments:

  1. Haven't heard of any of the books but The Immortals series looks like something I wouldn't be able to finish :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved Making Faces and Something Like Normal so I hope you'll give them a try!! I wouldn't recommend The Immortal series either :(

      Delete
  2. Blah the Immortal series! I liked book one, book two was okay and then after that it was awful! I never did finish with it. I just couldn't stomach it anymore. Kudos to you for sticking with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D I didn't think I'd be able to finish either but I pulled through somehow lol....

      Delete
  3. Just came from a blog that chose Dreamland too! Forgot about that one mainly because I haven't read Sarah Dessen in years. I don't read contemps anymore, but there was a time I "had" to because there wasn't any paranormals to read. But yeah, that one definitely had some issues to it that were a struggle to read through! Shocked that I can remember this one actually! Guess it really touched a nerve with me on how real life scary it was!


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of the first book I read that touched on the subject so I think it stayed with me too. It was realistic and frustrating in some parts :O

      Delete
  4. I love Sarah Dessen's books, although I think that Dreamland would be a bit confusing. I nominated you for the Ten Book Challenge! Details on my bog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought Dreamland was a very different type of Sarah Dessen book but it was very memorable.

      Thanks for the nomination :) I'll take a look once I'm back from vacation.

      Delete
  5. I know exactly what you mean by being determined to not leave a series dnf'd.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Something Like Normal is a good kind of hurt. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...