Monday, December 31, 2018

Review: Almost Midnight by Rainbow Rowell


Almost Midnight by Rainbow RowellAlmost Midnight
by Rainbow Rowell
November 2, 2017
144 pages

Goodreads     Indigo

Goodreads Summary:
Midnights is the story of Noel and Mags, who meet at the same New Year's Eve party every year and fall a little more in love each time . . .

Kindred Spirits is about Elena, who decides to queue to see the new Star Wars movie and meets Gabe, a fellow fan.

Midnights was previously published as part of the My True Love Gave to Me anthology, edited by Stephanie Perkins and Kindred Spirits was previously published as a World Book Day title.



Review

As a big fan of Rainbow Rowell's I needed a copy of Almost Midnight as soon as I heard of its existence. It's a tiny little thing but the inside is all magic! Bonus that the physical copy glitters~

I have read Midnights before in the My True Love Gave to Me anthology but this second time around was just as heartwarming and adorable as the first. It helped that I read it fairly close to New Years Eve- I could just taste the excitement and happiness in the air. Mags and Noel puts the biggest smile on my face!

Kindred Spirits was dorky and relatable with its antics. Rainbow Rowell expresses the highs and lows to modern day obsession well. Elena and her fellow Star Wars lovers were a little strange and a lot awkward. Their nerdiness was adorable.

As a visual person the illustrations really helped me picture the two stories and the characters. So cute!! I loved Almost Midnight which is no wonder given Rainbow Rowell did write Fangirl, otherwise also known as my favourite contemporary book ever!

5 Cats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...