Friday, March 1, 2019

Quick Review: 738 Days by Stacey Kade


738 Days by Stacey Kade
738 Days
by Stacey Kade
June 7, 2016
432 pages

Goodreads     Indigo

Goodreads Summary:
At fifteen, Amanda Grace was abducted on her way home from school. 738 days later, she escaped. Her 20/20 interview is what everyone remembers―Amanda describing the room where she was kept, the torn poster of TV heartthrob Chase Henry on the wall. It reminded her of home and gave her the strength to keep fighting.

Now, years later, Amanda is struggling to live normally. Her friends have gone on to college, while she battles PTSD. She’s not getting any better, and she fears that if something doesn’t change soon she never will.

Six years ago, Chase Henry defied astronomical odds, won a coveted role on a new TV show, and was elevated to super-stardom. With it, came drugs, alcohol, arrests, and crazy spending sprees. Now he's sober and a Hollywood pariah, washed up at twenty-four.

To revamp his image, Chase’s publicist comes up with a plan: surprise Amanda Grace with the chance to meet her hero, followed by a visit to the set of Chase’s new movie. The meeting is a disaster, but out of mutual desperation, Amanda and Chase strike a deal. What starts as a simple arrangement, though, rapidly becomes more complicated when they realize they need each other in more ways than one. But when the past resurfaces in a new threat, will they stand together or fall apart?

With charm and heart, Stacey Kade takes readers on a journey of redemption and love.

 

Review
 
I've been getting better with reading backlist titles I own and 738 Days was one I've been meaning to read for some time now. I'm really glad I got to it. While the main story stems from a sad and difficult place, the developments were precious and meaningful.

What I Liked:
- the writing was very easy to read and absorb
- the emotions were very realistic
- seeing the shady side of the entertainment business
- normally I find stories with such a short timeline hard to believe but Amanda and Chase's connection felt genuine
- Amanda's sisters- one distant and the other a bit harsh, were protective and honest with her

The Not So Much:
- I felt a little disconnected to the overall story while I was reading
- the timeline felt awkward: there's a huge time gap/jump in Amanda's background and then the actual love story took place over less than a week
- I never felt 100% invested in the story
- the book felt long
- I would've liked to see more bonding/working things out between Amanda and her family members
- Chase's reconciliation(?) with his family were brushed over

Even though the plot of 738 Days was a tough one I think the author did a great job writing the story. The emotions were there. I highly recommend this book to readers looking for a moving love story.

3.5 Cats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...