Monday, January 6, 2020

Quick Review: Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer


Cress by Marissa Meyer
Cress
(The Lunar Chronicles #3)
by Marissa Meyer
February 4, 2014
552 pages

Goodreads     Indigo

Goodreads Summary:
In this third book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they're plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl imprisoned on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker. Unfortunately, she's just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue of Cress goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a higher price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing prevent her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only hope the world has.



Review

Cress was such an exciting installment to The Lunar Chronicles. I couldn't get enough of the story! Things don't get any easier for the characters but they handled the obstacles in their way like champs.

What I Liked:
- fast-paced plot

- Cress is the most innocent and adorable character ever
- Thorne's wit and sarcasm was A+
- IKO
- the unexpected allies
- teamwork!
- the nerves but also the fun involved in planning and enacting Kai's kidnapping
- Cinder and Kai
- Scarlet and Wolf
- Cress and Thorne
- basically I ship all the ships

The Not So Much:
- I was a tad impatient with the constant switching of POVs since I had favourites XP

- the group's separation but I understood it was necessary for the story

I honestly cannot get enough of the Lunar gang!! Marissa Meyer is a genius with these fairy tale retellings. I can't wait to see what awaits me in the final book!


5 Cats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...