Monday, June 22, 2020

Quick Review: The Bookworm Crush by Lisa Brown Roberts


The Bookworm Crush by Lisa Brown Roberts
The Bookworm Crush
by Lisa Brown Roberts
October 29, 2019
400 pages

Goodreads Summary:
This spinoff of The Replacement Crush featuring Amy and Toff is sure to melt your heart.

Shy bookworm Amy McIntyre is about to compete for the chance to interview her favorite author, who hasn't spoken to the press in years. The only way to win is to step out of the shadows and into the spotlight, but that level of confidence has never come easy.

The solution? A competition coach. The problem? The best person for the job is the guy she's secretly crushing on…local surfer celebrity Toff Nichols.

He’s a player. He’s a heartthrob. He makes her forget basic things, like how to breathe. How can she feel any confidence around him?

To her surprise, Toff agrees to help. And he’s an excellent teacher. Amy feels braver—maybe even brave enough to admit her feelings for him. When their late night practices become less about coaching and more about making out, Amy’s newfound confidence wavers.

But does Toff really like her or is this just another lesson?


Review

I read The Replacement Crush ages ago but remember really loving it so even though I only had a vague recollection of who Toff and Amy were, I was all in for The Bookworm Crush!

What I Liked:
- easy to read writing
- the story flowed naturally covering many plots
- every plot had a satisfying resolution
- all the book blogging talk 100% resonated with me!
- the P&P references were cute
- Toff and Dallas's bromance and their friendship with Amy and Viv
- Toff's shameless flirty ways
- the yummy pastries made my mouth water
- all the kissings ;P

The Not So Much:
- an intimate scene that I wasn't expecting- it felt too quick
- the number of 'omigods'
- the cover art: Amy's described as a redhead but the girl on the cover who I assume is Amy is a brunette??

After finishing The Bookworm Crush I can confirm the story was every bit as swoony as I hoped it would be. Lisa Brown Roberts is a master at writing cute and flirty romances. I'm very much looking forward to more swoons from her!

4 Cats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...