Monday, June 8, 2020

Quick Review: The Flatshare by Beth O'Leary


The Flatshare by Beth O'Leary
The Flatshare
by Beth O'Leary
May 28, 2019
328 pages

Goodreads Summary:
Tiffy and Leon share an apartment. Tiffy and Leon have never met.

After a bad breakup, Tiffy Moore needs a place to live. Fast. And cheap. But the apartments in her budget have her wondering if astonishingly colored mold on the walls counts as art.

Desperation makes her open minded, so she answers an ad for a flatshare. Leon, a night shift worker, will take the apartment during the day, and Tiffy can have it nights and weekends. He’ll only ever be there when she’s at the office. In fact, they’ll never even have to meet.

Tiffy and Leon start writing each other notes – first about what day is garbage day, and politely establishing what leftovers are up for grabs, and the evergreen question of whether the toilet seat should stay up or down. Even though they are opposites, they soon become friends. And then maybe more.

But falling in love with your roommate is probably a terrible idea…especially if you've never met.

What if your roommate is your soul mate? A joyful, quirky romantic comedy, Beth O'Leary's The Flatshare is a feel-good novel about finding love in the most unexpected of ways.


Review

The Flatshare wasn't a book I planned on reading. When I first heard of the book there were too many mixed reviews. However, I decided to give it a try because I was curious to see how the romance would work out given its curious plot.

What I Like:
- each chapter was short and concise
Tiffy, her personality and her style
- Tiffy's friends were stellar:
       - Rachel was my fave, such an unabashed hilarious girl!
       - Mo was so supportive
       - Gerty may come off as harsh but her words and actions showed she cared a lot for Tiffy
- the romance was sweet and sexy
- Leon and Tiffy had chemistry
- the most swoonworthy ending!

The Not So Much:
- the style of Leon's POV (I like my pronouns lol)
- Johnny White storyline- wasn't very engaging so I ended up skimming a lot of it
- the drama was dramatic but the conclusion somewhat anticlimactic

I'm glad I read The Flatshare. It had its share of ups and downs but overall it's a memorable and romantic read.

3.5 Cats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...