Monday, December 4, 2023

Quick Thoughts: Master of Iron (Bladesmith #2) by Tricia Levenseller

*Review contains slight spoilers from the previous book in the duology.


Master of Iron (Bladesmith #2) by Tricia Levenseller
Master of Iron
(Bladesmith #2)
by Tricia Levenseller
July 26, 2022

Goodreads Summary:
Eighteen-year-old Ziva may have defeated a deadly warlord, but the price was almost too much. Ziva is forced into a breakneck race to a nearby city with the handsome mercenary, Kellyn, and the young scholar, Petrik, to find a powerful magical healer who can save her sister's life.

When the events that follow lead to Ziva and Kellyn's capture by an ambitious prince, Ziva is forced into the very situation she's been dreading: magicking dangerous weapons meant for world domination.

The forge has always been Ziva's safe space, a place to avoid society and the anxiety it causes her, but now it is her prison, and she's not sure just how much of herself she'll have to sacrifice to save Kellyn and take center stage in the very war she's been trying to stop.

In Master of Iron, the conclusion to Tricia Levenseller's exciting Bladesmith YA fantasy duology, a magically gifted blacksmith with social anxiety must race against the clock to save her beloved sister and stop a devastating war.


Review

I enjoyed Blade of Secrets a lot but Master of Iron was even better! It's more adventurous, most intense and quite confident by the end. I miss the characters already...

What I Liked:
- the smooth writing is so easy to read
- many different but engaging plotlines
- actions yay!
- educational at times (eg. forging, warfare)
- lots of honest and heartfelt conversations
- Ziva being brave and taking chances
- the informative romances
- Tamra and Petrik working on their communication
- Ziva and Kellyn are couples goal
- I adored the stolen romantic moments
- the antics of the royals were unexpectedly comical
- the best ending ever~

The Not So Much:
- Elany is kind of a loose end?

"My sister raised me to be my own person. She taught me to love who I am and to fight for the things I want. I'm proud of how I turned out." (p.206)

5 Cats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...