Thursday, April 15, 2021

Quick Thoughts: Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before #3) Jenny Han


Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before #3) Jenny Han
Always and Forever, Lara Jean
(To All the Boys I've Loved Before #3)
by Jenny Han
May 2, 2017
325 pages

Goodreads Summary:
Lara Jean is having the best senior year.

And there’s still so much to look forward to: a class trip to New York City, prom with her boyfriend Peter, Beach Week after graduation, and her dad’s wedding to Ms. Rothschild. Then she’ll be off to college with Peter, at a school close enough for her to come home and bake chocolate chip cookies on the weekends.

Life couldn’t be more perfect!

At least, that’s what Lara Jean thinks . . . until she gets some unexpected news.

Now the girl who dreads change must rethink all her plans—but when your heart and your head are saying two different things, which one should you listen to?


Review

I was hesitant to read Always and Forever, Lara Jean because P.S. I Still Love You (the middle book) sadly didn't work for me. Despite that I wanted to see Lara Jean's story to the end so I picked up this final book. I'm relieved to say it won me over (again)!

What I Liked:
- the whole story was sweet
- all the nostalgic teenage feels
- Lara Jean is very endearing
   - yummy baking!
   - I love the way she found her way and stood her ground
- always the sister love and solidarity
- respect for Kitty's sharp tongue and scheming ways XD
- wedding planning fun
- a satisfying and fitting ending

The Not So Much:
- I don't remember if I felt this way with the previous books but Margot was so b*tchy in this final book
- boo Peter's mom

"Once I asked her why she didn't like nuts on her sundae, and she said she did like them, but I loved them. And she loved me." (p. 27-28)

"You fall in love, and nothing seems truly scary anymore, and life is one big possibility?" (p. 61)

"It always feels so bleak to fall asleep when it's still light out and then wake up to darkness." (p. 69)

4 Cats

2 comments:

  1. Read the series after the Netflix came out with the first one. I haven't seen the second installment, though. Overall, I enjoyed the book series. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of small changes were made to the movies but overall they were all great. If you have time to spare I do recommend watching them :D

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...