Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Review: Forever Summer (Summer Series #4) by C.J. Duggan

 
Forever Summer by C.J. DugganForever Summer
(Summer Series #4)
by C.J. Duggan
December 29, 2015
266 pages
 

Goodreads Summary:
You see there’s this boy.
He makes me smile, forces me to listen, serenades me out of tune and keeps me sane, all the while driving me insane. He's really talented like that. But for the first time in since, well, forever, things are about to change. The question is, how much am I willing to lose in order to potentially have it all?

Enter a world of sweltering Aussie summers, fabulously addictive characters and sweet intoxicating romance in C.J Duggan’s FOREVER SUMMER.
 
 
Review

The Summer Series is one of my most loved contemporary romance series. I have been waiting forever for this book! Every time the release date got pushed back I wept inside so I was more than happy to finally get my hands on it! It was every bit as swoon-worthy as the other titles in the series.

The Onslow gang (boys) is honestly the best <3 The storyline might have been cheesy but I gobbled it all up. I was so on board with the friends-to-lovers trope. It worked out so beautifully.
 
From the beginning, we know Ellie has developed more-than-friends feelings for Adam. Who better to fall in love with than the boy who you've always loved and who's always been by your side? Seriously, Adam was perfect. I really enjoyed watching Ellie fret over her complicated feelings. It made for some hilarious moments while building up the anticipation for when everything gets out in the open.
 
Ellie and Adam forever~ I remember feeling some disbelief when it was announced the last story would be about these two best friends. I guess the possibility was always there but it just never crossed my mind. I'm glad it did for Ms. Duggan because boy did Ellie and Adam have the best chemistry and banter. Even more so because they've been friends since forever. I was a bit miffed it took so long for them to act on their evolved feelings but their playful interactions and simmering connection more than made up for it. Such delicious build up ;)

Not to be insensitive but the big Adam secret and Ellie drama were very anticlimactic. It dragged down the story for me. Communication is basic people! Especially when you've been BFFs since forever. I'm not sure what I was expecting but just...more. More in the way that if it put the characters on edge and made them uneasy then these secrets must have been a big deal, right? Unfortunately (or fortunately?) both were short-lived. Both concluded with satisfying answers so I guess that's good.

The concluding chapters felt a bit rushed but I can't help with how much I love the Onslow gang! Every single one of them is special. Why do their stories have to end... *wails uncontrollably*

The Summer Series will forever be in my heart. I read all the stories in ebook format but I think it's time I get myself some physical copies! I very highly recommend picking up this series if you're a romance lover. Trust me, you'll fall in love <3

4.5 Cats

4 comments:

  1. This is a fun series and one I need to pick back up! So glad you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack. I think i have the first book. i should really read them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...