Thursday, May 12, 2022

Quick Thoughts: Shatter Me (Shatter Me #1) by Tahereh Mafi


Shatter Me (Shatter Me #1) by Tahereh Mafi
Shatter Me
(Shatter Me #1)
by Tahereh Mafi
November 15, 2011

Goodreads Summary:
I have a curse
I have a gift

I am a monster
I'm more than human

My touch is lethal
My touch is power

I am their weapon
I will fight back

Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war—and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.


Review

I am seriously so proud of myself for reading Shatter Me!! This series has been sitting on my shelf for such a long time XD I have been spoiled for a lot of things but they didn't affect my enjoyment of this first look into the world.

What I Liked:
- an intriguing dystopian world
- the latter half of the book was fast-paced with lots of action
- all the characters had depths
- Juliette and her unbreakable spirit
   - the mystery of her power
- Warner was creepy but I can't help wanting to know him better
- Adam is a good person
- more Kenji please
- I look forward to what comes next

The Not So Much:
- the disjointed writing at the beginning was hard to get into
- regardless of knowing who the end game is I'm not sold on the romance in this book
   - it got serious so suddenly and quickly...

4 Cats

1 comment:

  1. This was a really fun series! I'll admit, like you, it was hard to get into at first. I highly recommend the novellas too if you have them! I believe the first one involved Warner which made it somewhat easier to understand his character in the beginning. It was pretty eye-opening, and I want to say the novella for after book 2 was about Adam which was also eye-opening! Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...