Monday, May 30, 2022

Quick Thoughts: These Hollow Vows (These Hollow Vows #1) by Lexi Ryan


These Hollow Vows (These Hollow Vows #1) by Lexi Ryan
These Hollow Vows
(These Hollow Vows #1)
by Lexi Ryan
July 20, 2021

Goodreads Summary:
From New York Times best-selling author Lexi Ryan, Cruel Prince meets A Court of Thorns and Roses in this sexy, action-packed fantasy about a girl who is caught between two treacherous faerie courts and their dangerously seductive princes.

Brie hates the Fae and refuses to have anything to do with them, even if that means starving on the street. But when her sister is sold to the sadistic king of the Unseelie court to pay a debt, she'll do whatever it takes to get her back—including making a deal with the king himself to steal three magical relics from the Seelie court.

Gaining unfettered access to the Seelie court is easier said than done. Brie's only choice is to pose as a potential bride for Prince Ronan, and she soon finds herself falling for him. Unwilling to let her heart distract her, she accepts help from a band of Unseelie misfits with their own secret agenda. As Brie spends time with their mysterious leader, Finn, she struggles to resist his seductive charm.

Caught between two dangerous courts, Brie must decide who to trust with her loyalty. And with her heart.


Review

I struggle with my feelings for These Hollow Vows. I genuinely enjoyed the story, it held my attention. But there are so many things I want to rant about- in particular, the love triangle. It was predictably cheesy and made me cringe so much.

What I Liked:
- an addictive plot that kept me invested
- the opulence of the Seelie court
- Brie's unwavering determination to save her sister
- Finn and his loyalty to his people
- Brie's awesome ability and her quick reactions
- the cleverness of the curse
- talk about a twist ending!!- great setup for book 2

The Not So Much:
- the cheesiest love triangle LOL
- so many secrets making the story more confusing than not
- painfully slow reveals
- I rolled my eyes every time Brie mentioned a certain someone's "big" hands
- Prince Ronan was a bit much (so over the top emotional with Brie)
- I got tired of hearing how sorry and guilty Brie felt

4 Cats

2 comments:

  1. Nice! I saw this one and was pretty interested in it myself. It was a Fairy Loot book last year so I got that box and have already preordered the sequel with them too for matching set purposes! Lol. Since it's a duology I was waiting to binge them back and forth! I kind of figured the love triangle was going to be cheesy myself but it still sounded like an intriguing read! Glad you enjoyed it for the most part! Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! Mine's a FL edition and I definitely got the matching sequel too XD Despite the cheesiness it's a very binge-worthy fantasy world! I really hope you'll enjoy it when you read it.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...