Wednesday, August 27, 2014

WoW #8: The Young Elites (The Young Elites #1) by Marie Lu


Waiting on Wednesday button

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted every week by Breaking the Spine which lets us showcase an upcoming release we are excited about! 


The Young Elites cover
The Young Elites
(The Young Elites #1)
by Marie Lu
October 7, 2014
368 pages


Goodreads Summary:
I am tired of being used, hurt, and cast aside.

Adelina Amouteru is a survivor of the blood fever. A decade ago, the deadly illness swept through her nation. Most of the infected perished, while many of the children who survived were left with strange markings. Adelina’s black hair turned silver, her lashes went pale, and now she has only a jagged scar where her left eye once was. Her cruel father believes she is a malfetto, an abomination, ruining their family’s good name and standing in the way of their fortune. But some of the fever’s survivors are rumored to possess more than just scars—they are believed to have mysterious and powerful gifts, and though their identities remain secret, they have come to be called the Young Elites.

Teren Santoro works for the king. As Leader of the Inquisition Axis, it is his job to seek out the Young Elites, to destroy them before they destroy the nation. He believes the Young Elites to be dangerous and vengeful, but it’s Teren who may possess the darkest secret of all.

Enzo Valenciano is a member of the Dagger Society. This secret sect of Young Elites seeks out others like them before the Inquisition Axis can. But when the Daggers find Adelina, they discover someone with powers like they’ve never seen.
Adelina wants to believe Enzo is on her side, and that Teren is the true enemy. But the lives of these three will collide in unexpected ways, as each fights a very different and personal battle. But of one thing they are all certain: Adelina has abilities that shouldn’t belong in this world. A vengeful blackness in her heart. And a desire to destroy all who dare to cross her.

It is my turn to use. My turn to hurt.

Marie Lu's books are fast-paced and action-packed so how can I not be waiting for this one?!? Plus, that synopsis is too badass for words.

What are you guys waiting on this week?

41 comments:

  1. I am so, SO excited for this one! I just loved Legend (especially Champion!) and just want to get my hands on any other book by Marie Lu ASAP. <3 Awesome pick, Eileen!

    Aimee @ Deadly Darlings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the Legend trilogy too! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. I agree, this one is a must read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want this one as well. I hope you love it when you get it.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! This is going to be a good one! I can't wait for it either! I got the chapter sampler at BEA14 and Marie Lu signed and personalized it! I can't wait to read more. Great pick!

    I'm waiting on The Fall by Bethany Griffin. I like creepy reads, especially in October!

    - Elizabeth @ Book YAbber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So lucky!! I haven't heard of The Fall but I hope you enjoy it when you get it!!

      Delete
  5. THIS BOOK SOUNDS SO GOOD! I really can't wait to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just started her book Legend and have instantly fallen in love with her writing!
    My WoW@The Perks Of Being A Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear!! I read the trilogy back to back and totally loved it :)

      Delete
  7. I'm really excited to read The Young Elites! I still want to read her Legend series too, so I hope they're both good. Great pick Eileen! x

    Anatea @ Anatea's Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anatea! I really enjoyed the Legend trilogy so I you will too :)

      Delete
  8. Ooh nice! Haven't read the Legend trilogy myself but I am seeing a lot of this one around!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't even read the synopsis! But I know I'll have to read it, because Marie Lu wrote it!

    My WoW

    Isabel @ liberamans

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one has been on my radar for a while. I'm so glad that the release date is almost here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read a sample and yes I can't wait for it . Tnx for sharing and commenting today ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm waiting for HEIR OF FIRE! But I'm also scared because of some of the reactions I've seen, and I'm worried since there are several more books. *sigh* I do have YOUNG ELITES, though--I'm trying very hard to read as many September books as I can before I dive in, but it's haaaard.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I share all your feelings!! It's only book 3 but there are already so many feels. What is books 4, 5 and 6 going to do to us?!? Eeek, I'll be eagerly anticipating your review of The Young Elites!!

      Delete
  13. Hi Eileen, I'm waiting on a YA fantasy the third in a trilogy called Valley of Fires by J Barton Mitchell it's a December release and I'll be reviewing it for RT Magazine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that sounds so exciting! Good luck to you and I'll keep my eyes peeled for it :)

      Delete
  14. Ihavent read anything by this author yet. My friend has my copy of this book right now but Im looking forward to reading this when Iget back. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Wednesday to you too :) I hope you enjoy it!!

      Delete
  15. I am ridiculously excited for this one too!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't read anything by this author before, but this sounds really good. I hope you enjoy reading it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  17. YES! I'm looking forward on this one, too. I think I also have featured it on my WoW before.
    Great pick!

    Thanks for droppin by my Wednesday post!

    Michelle, The Escapist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! A lot of people are looking forward to this one so I'm sure you've featured it ;) Thanks for coming by too :)

      Delete
  18. I missed out on her whole first series but I'm still super excited to read this new one! I hear such amazing things about this author!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie Lu is pretty awesome :) Hope you'll like this one!

      Delete
  19. Ooh lovely choice! I'm excited yet hesitant to read this book. I'm not the biggest fan of her books, but they are good. I hope this book is great! :)

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too! Hope you give this one a try :)

      Delete
  20. I am definitely looking forward to this one! It sounds really unique and with a ton of action and adventure. I enjoyed the Legend series, so I am hoping to like this one too. Great pick, hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a great choice! I love Marie Lu's action packed reads! Hope you love it when you pick it up. Thanks for stopping by The Readers Den! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...