Monday, May 11, 2015

Review: Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days #1) by Susan Ee

 
With the final book in this series being released tomorrow, I thought I'd share my thoughts from when I read the first book (which was probably a year ago ha)!
 

Angelfall by Susan Ee
Angelfall
(Penryn & the End of Days #1)
by Susan Ee
May 23, 2013
326 pages

Goodreads Summary:
It's been six weeks since the angels of the apocalypse destroyed the world as we know it. Only pockets of humanity remain.

Savage street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night.

When angels fly away with a helpless girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back...



Review

I finished this book in a day so that's a sign it's super good right? Honestly, my mind was just swirling with all the action that took place. The story never stopped. It just went bang, bang, bang. I wanted to go slow and take everything in but I just couldn't stop reading word after word. Angelfall has a mind-blowingly different take on angels than any angel book I've read. I think that's ultimately how it earned all the ravings and all I can say is it's well-deserved!!

Angel politics. Mutant children army. What was I reading. There was definitely a certain degree of shock and disgust when I found out. Are these really angels that are doing these horrible things? They definitely seem more like the devil to me and I'm so curious to find out their motivations.

Penryn's a sneaky little girl. I didn't know what to think of her at first but she wormed her way in. She's stubborn but in a brave and selfless way that makes me want to both shake my head and pat her on the back. The fact that she would go to any length and do anything to get her sister back had me cheering her on. Go Penryn!

Raffe's so swoon-worthy! Not just because he's an angel, which let's face it, contributes to his appeal but also because he's strong, fierce and loyal. I love how seriously he takes his duties to heart and his desire to fly again. I do wish his stony façade would've melted a little earlier on for Penryn to see his true feelings before things went down. Wowza to his true identity! I did not see that one coming. He's pretty extraordinary but I didn't think he was that special.

Holy moly that ending. I'm in need of more Penryn and Raffe together! Their banters are so funny you automatically want more. I'm especially nervous to see how Paige will turn out. I know Penryn will protect her but will it be enough. I need to know what happens next. Seriously. Angelfall. Go read it.

 

4 cats

8 comments:

  1. I really liked this read as well and I went into it not expecting it at all because usually angel books and I don't get along. So happy you read this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure what to think of it at first because it was so different from the usual angel books. It was good though! Crazy but GOOD!!

      Delete
  2. HONESTLY. THAT ENDING. The last third or so of the book was SO INTENSE. I couldn't believe it. Angelfall was such a shock for me. And yes, the thing with the children and their manufactured creatures...SO FREAKY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved how fast-paced things were! Penryn and Raffe <3 lol ;)

      Delete
  3. AGREED!! I ADOOOOORED THIS BOOK AND I LOVED WORLD AFTER AND I'M SIMPLY DYING TO READ END OF DAYS!!
    Angel books are usually not my thing but I loved this one so MUCH!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so need to read World After!! And End of Days is out today ahhhh~ I hope it's everything you wanted and I look forward to your review after your hiatus :D

      Delete
  4. I don't do angel books, but everyone keeps telling me to read these. I don't think I have seen any reviews of any of the books less than four stars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely not your usual run-of-the-mill angel story! Crazy and freaky are two words I'd use to describe it lol ;)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...