Monday, June 25, 2018

Review: The Foxe & the Hound by R.S. Grey


The Foxe and the Hound by R.S. GreyThe Foxe & the Hound
by R.S. Grey
June 4, 2017
328 pages

Goodreads     Amazon

Goodreads Summary:
When your life is a hot mess at twenty, it’s cute. At twenty-seven… well, not so much.

It’s just that my lofty dreams—making it as a real estate agent, paying rent on time, showering daily—have stayed just that: dreams. Oh, and love? I’ve decided love might be a little ambitious for me at the moment. Instead, I’ve settled for the two guys who will never leave me: Ben & Jerry.

That is until Dr. Adam Foxe takes up residence as the town’s new vet.

With his strong jaw, easy confidence, and form-fitting scrubs, it’s not long before every housewife in Hamilton is dragging neglected tomcats in for weekly checkups.

Like everyone else, I’m intrigued. Even after I spoil my chance at a good first impression, he still offers me a proposition I can’t refuse: play his girlfriend at a family function and he’ll hire me as his real estate agent. Welcome to love in the 21st century.

It’s too bad I underestimated Adam’s irresistible charm and the undeniable attraction that burns between us. The day he pins me to the wall and silences me with a kiss, the line between reality and ruse begins to blur. Every teasing touch brings me to my knees. Every kiss promises more.

It looks like my hot mess of a life is about to get a little hotter.

 

Review

I didn't intend to read The Foxe & the Hound as quickly as I did but I knew I had to jump on it after loving Anything You Can Do. My tendency to binge read series served me well since I enjoyed this book as well!

It's hard not to love Madeleine. She's practically broke with a crumbling career (if you can even call it a career) and no love life to speak of but she doesn't give up. I love how aware she was of her situation. She wasn't one to back down whereas Adam easily gave up before anything could even start. Because of his resistant nature, it took me a while to warm up to him. I understood his need for some space but it really didn't justify his mixed signals. It was frustrating to see him fumble with his feelings for Madeleine but once he had them sorted out I was all for seeing him go after her.

Compared to the coupling in Anything You Can Do I felt the chemistry between Madeleine and Adam lacked a bit of development. I didn't feel as strong of a connection between the two. There were no significant moment(s), mostly lusty thoughts and a ton of ogling each other. Don't get me wrong, I loved their flirty looks and heated words but I just felt like their relationship could've used some fine-tuning.

Despite the story getting a little sappy and predictable in the second half I still had fun reading The Foxe & the Hound. I'm sad I won't be seeing these characters again. There are times when I wish a series never ended and Anything You Can Do and The Foxe & the Hound definitely fall into that category.

4 Cats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...