Wednesday, June 27, 2018

WoW #207: The Boneless Mercies by April Genevieve Tucholke


Waiting on Wednesday button

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted every week by Breaking the Spine which lets us showcase an upcoming release we are excited about! 


The Boneless Mercies by April Genevieve TucholkeThe Boneless Mercies
by April Genevieve Tucholke
October 2, 2018
384 pages

Goodreads      Indigo

Goodreads Summary:
A dark and gorgeously drawn standalone YA fantasy about a band of mercenary girls in search of female glory. Won in a major six-house auction!

Frey, Ovie, Juniper, and Runa are the Boneless Mercies—girls hired to kill quickly, quietly, and mercifully. But Frey is weary of the death trade and, having been raised on the heroic sagas of her people, dreams of a bigger life.

When she hears of an unstoppable monster ravaging a nearby town, Frey decides this is the Mercies' one chance out. The fame and fortune of bringing down such a beast would ensure a new future for all the Mercies. In fact, her actions may change the story arc of women everywhere.

Full of fierce girls, bloodlust, tenuous alliances, and unapologetic quests for glory, this elegantly spun tale challenges the power of storytelling—and who gets to be the storyteller. Perfect for fans of Maggie Stiefvater, V.E. Schwab, and Heidi Heilig.

 
I'm seeing some hype surrounding this one and I can't say I'm not intrigued by that synopsis!!

What are you guys waiting on this week?

6 comments:

  1. Yes!! Most excited for a new book by April! Cannot wait to read this one either!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to reading this book! I hear it's ~weird~... but all of Tucholke's books are, right? Happy reading, Eileen!

    Have a fantastic day. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I've heard!! Kind of exciting for me since I haven't read any books by her yet XD

      Delete
  3. Aaah yes, I love April's books so much. Her writing is so beautiful and bizarre, I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the sound of beautiful and bizarre! Thank you Becky <3

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...