Wednesday, March 11, 2015

WoW #36: Becoming Jinn (Becoming Jinn #1) by Lori Goldstein


Waiting on Wednesday button

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted every week by Breaking the Spine which lets us showcase an upcoming release we are excited about! 

 
Becoming Jinn by Lori GoldsteinBecoming Jinn
(Becoming Jinn #1)
by Lori Goldstein
April 21, 2015
384 pages


Goodreads Summary:
Forget everything you thought you knew about genies!

Azra has just turned sixteen, and overnight her body lengthens, her olive skin deepens, and her eyes glisten gold thanks to the brand-new silver bangle that locks around her wrist. As she always knew it would, her Jinn ancestry brings not just magical powers but the reality of a life of servitude, as her wish granting is controlled by a remote ruling class of Jinn known as the Afrit.

To the humans she lives among, she’s just the girl working at the snack bar at the beach, navigating the fryer and her first crush. But behind closed doors, she’s learning how to harness her powers and fulfill the obligations of her destiny.

Mentored by her mother and her Zar “sisters”, Azra discovers she may not be quite like the rest of her circle of female Jinn . . . and that her powers could endanger them all. As Azra uncovers the darker world of becoming Jinn, she realizes when genies and wishes are involved, there’s always a trick.


One word, genies!! I have yet to read any book on them so I'm excited :D

What are you guys waiting on this week?

22 comments:

  1. Well, this definitely doesn't sound like your average Robin Williams genie! :P This is the first I've heard of this one and it sounds really good!! Thanks for sharing :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! Sounds so good! I hope you'll pick it up too :)

      Delete
  2. Ooo a book about a genie! I love it. It sounds like it will be really good, great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love books about Genies! The last one I read was The Fire Artist by Daisy Whitney and I loved it. This one sounds really interesting though. Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of The Fire Artist but don't know much about it. Now I have to go take a look!

      Delete
  4. OOoh nice! Been seeing a lot of this one! Hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my Wow

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was my pick for last week!! It sounds awesome! I actually haven't read any genie books that I can really think of, though I've got "Exquisite Captive" on my list to read for next week!

    Jessica @ Ramblings on Readings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I notice we seem to have really similar picks! We have good taste ;) Hope you'll enjoy Exquisite Captive. I haven't heard too much about it.

      Delete
  6. Oh, this sounds interesting! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jinnis!! Not many books about them out there, so I'm always curious about them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen this one around today! It seems like everyone's waiting for this book. ;) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really excited for this book! I can't wait to read it! I hope you like it!

    Lizzie @ lizziethesarcasticblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantasy books with Jinn inside them are so rare! I definitely want to read this one :D Great review! (OMG, it's been so long, Eileen!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep sounds so unique too! it's been too long! I noticed you don't post as much. School has been keeping you busy? Btw I love the new blog look! I know you've had it for awhile but just thought I'd let you know ;)

      Delete
  11. Ah, I'm in the middle of this one and so far it's pretty fun. If you're looking for jinni books, though, there was one that was released last year called EXQUISITE CAPTIVE that is really good! Plus you don't have to wait for it, hah.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great news! I've definitely heard of Exquisite Captive and I do want to try it! No waiting is a definite plus :D

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...