Friday, July 6, 2018

Review: Arrogant Devil by R.S. Grey


Arrogant Devil by R.S. GreyArrogant Devil
by R.S. Grey
May 10, 2018
354 pages

Goodreads     Amazon

Goodreads Summary:
Everyone in Cedar Creek, Texas, knows Jack McNight is an arrogant devil. Physically, I get it: he’s tan and fit, with coal-black hair that’s clearly been scorched by hellfire. Oh, and his personality? It burns just as hot.

When I show up on the doorstep of Blue Stone Ranch, I’m run-down and rockin’ my last pair of underwear. I’m hoping for a savior, but instead, I find him.

My opinion of Jack is marred by a dismal first impression, but his opinion of me is tainted even before I arrive. He’s heard I’m a spoiled princess there to take advantage of his goodwill. To him, I’m more trouble than I’m worth.

Our button-pushing banter should get under my skin. His arrogance should be a major turn-off. Problem is, devils are known to offer their own form of temptation.

Every one of his steely glares sends a shiver down my spine.

Every steamy encounter leaves me reeling.

Sure, it could be the Texas heat messing with my head, but there’s no way I’ll survive the summer without silencing him with a kiss and wrestling him out of those Wranglers.

Who knows…going to bed with the devil might just be the salvation I’ve been looking for all along.

 

Review

Even though I haven't read all of R.S. Grey's books I've read more than enough to know I enjoy her writing style. Her stories are always full of sexual tension and swoon-worthy to the max. Arrogant Devil was one such book!

I really liked Meredith from the beginning. No matter how many signs pointed to her being a spoiled trophy wife she wasn't one. Being inside her head made it clear her married life was anything but perfect. Even though she was ill-prepared for leaving her husband, what mattered was that she pulled herself together and did it. And then she faced other people's preconceived judgement of her character with class. She never let them get her down and showed them she's just as capable as anyone else.

I didn't know what to think of Jack in the beginning. He was too quick to judge Meredith based on someone else's words. His initial treatment of her was harsh and unfair. But I guess he had to have some flaws otherwise he'd be too perfect. Once we got to know Jack better we see he actually cares deeply. He eventually shows it all to Meredith including his more playful side ;) I loved the tension between them. It was hot hot hot!

The main conflicts in Arrogant Devil were resolved more easily than I imagined they would be. There wasn't a lot of drama which made me feel like there wasn't much plot to the story. However, I also liked it because exaggerated and drawn-out drama tend to become frustrating so the less the better. It made sense to have the problems taken cared of quickly.

If you like romance books with a side of sexy and flirty then Arrogant Devil is for you. And R.S. Grey is definitely an author you want to check out.

4 Cats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...