Wednesday, July 11, 2018

WoW #209: Shadow of the Fox (Shadow of the Fox #1) by Julie Kagawa


Waiting on Wednesday button

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted every week by Breaking the Spine which lets us showcase an upcoming release we are excited about!


Shadow of the Fox by Julie KagawaShadow of the Fox
(Shadow of the Fox #1)
by Julie Kagawa
October 2, 2018
400 pages

Goodreads      Indigo

Goodreads Summary:
Once Every Thousand Years...

Every millennium, one age ends and another age dawns...and whoever holds the Scroll of a Thousand Prayers holds the power to call the great Kami Dragon from the sea and ask for any one wish. The time is near...and the missing pieces of the scroll will be sought throughout the land of Iwagoto. The holder of the first piece is a humble, unknown peasant girl with a dangerous secret.

Demons have burned the temple Yumeko was raised in to the ground, killing everyone within, including the master who trained her to both use and hide her kitsune shapeshifting powers. Yumeko escapes with the temple’s greatest treasure—one part of the ancient scroll. Fate thrusts her into the path of a mysterious samurai, Kage Tatsumi of the Shadow Clan. Yumeko knows he seeks what she has...and is under orders to kill anything and anyone who stands between him and the scroll.

A wish will be granted and a new age will dawn.

 
I hadn't heard of this one until I saw a raving tweet on Twitter but it sounds so good! I'm so excited for the Japanese folklore aspect of it!

What are you guys waiting on this week?

2 comments:

  1. Niiiice! I was lucky enough to get this one with Netgalley and I loved it! Of course I always love Julie's books! Lol! Hope you love it too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! I'm so happy to hear that! Getting even more excited now ;)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...