Tuesday, April 14, 2015

TTT #38: Quotes that Stuck with Me from Books


Top Ten Tuesday button

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish where people share their top ten things according to the topic of that week.


I haven't been much of a quote-taker until recently but here are a few I've loved so far :)

1. "I love you more than I hate everything else." from Landline by Rainbow Rowell

2. "Words give wings even to those that have been stamped upon, broken beyond all hope of repair." from The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon

3. "But fear and understanding are kindred things. Both involved the loss of the familiar and the terrible danger of knowledge." from The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon

4. "I'd rather die on an adventure than live standing still." from A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab

5. "Things that look perfect on the surface are masking flaws." from The Truth About Us by Janet Gurtler
 
What are some of your favourite quotes?

22 comments:

  1. Great quotes! Believe it or not some of my favorite are from Red Rising and the H.P. Series. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Red Rising but people have been loving it so I'm sure there are great quotes in there! Harry Potter is a given ;)

      Delete
  2. Apparently I really, really need to read The Bone Season and The Mime Order. Great quotes!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all these quotes! That one from Landline is fantastic and I almost picked that one from ADSOM! Lila Bard is insanely quotable. Also yes we are twins with that Mime Order quote. So good!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love A Darker Shade of Magic. Great selection this week.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alicia! That book is full of memorable quotes :D

      Delete
  5. Oh nice ones! I know, I'm not much of a quote taker either. I will read one and be like, oooh I like that! But do I record them? No. But I am trying to recently, so I have 7 stored in my phone and goodreads provided the rest!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! That's me too! I hope we both get better ;)

      Delete
  6. Great quotes! I love quotes, but I don't always record them other than liking them on GR when I see them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was me too!! I just recently decided to write them down :)

      Delete
  7. I really want to read Landline soon! It looks so interesting. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. #4 is everything. EVERYTHING. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. GAH, I love the quote from ADSOM!! And the ones from The Mime Order are really great too. Fantastic list :)
    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not read any of these, but ADSOM is definiately on my to read list, and the more I see about The Bone Season books the more I think I will be adding them, too. I love The Mime Order quotes. Let's hope Blogger doesn't eat my post again this time. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't YAYYY! And you should definitely read all of them!! TBS takes a bit of time to get into the story but it's SO GOOD once you do :DD

      Delete
  11. Great picks. I love Rainbow Rowell's quote the best. She writes so beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She's definitely a favourite author of mine :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...